Clary Sage is a biennial or perennial herb that grows up
to six feet in height. Clary Sage is known for its ability to
ease monthly menstrual cycles and help balance
hormones. The main chemical component of Clary Sage
is linalyl acetate, part of the esters group, making it one
of the most relaxing, soothing, and balancing essential
oils. In the Middle Ages, the Clary Sage plant was
nicknamed “clear eyes” for its positive effects on the
eyes, and it was frequently used for female discomfort,
as a throat gargle, and for soothing minor skin
irritations. Inhaling Clary Sage can soothe nervous
tension, lighten mood, and create a sense of euphoria.
• For menstrual discomfort, rub three to five drops on
• Combine with Roman Chamomile and add to bath
water for a stress-relieving bath.
• Apply to feet or pulse points to help balance hormones.
• Diffuse or apply to pillow at night for a restful sleep.
• Add to shampoo or hair conditioner to promote
healthy hair and scalp.
• Combine with dōTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to
massage, soothe, or rejuvenate skin.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area.
Dilute with dōTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize
any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If
you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care,
consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner
ears, and sensitive areas.