How often do you clean your mattress? Almost never, right? You do clean everything around the house, the kitchen, the counters, the bathrooms, etc but not the cozy place where you spend 8 hours dreaming. Well, guess what? Your mattress is in desperate need of an one on one clean day!
Do you know what dust mites are? They are tiny little bugs that can only be seen with a microscope. Dust mites can cause an allergic reaction in some people that is similar to hay fever and asthma, or can even cause sneezing or a runny nose. The places where you can find dust mites are usually mattresses, pillows, carpets, upholstered furniture, and fabric-covered items.
It’s Spring Time and you want to start fresh and clean. Follow these very simple steps to clean your mattress and enjoy this new season of your life!
- 1 cup baking soda (enough for a queen size mattress),
- 10 drops of dōTERRA essential oil choose from Lavender, Eucalyptus, Wintergreen or Peppermint that are recommended to kill dust mites.
- Mason jar with lid
- Remove bed linens and wash them in hot water. ( Clean sheets should be used after cleaning your mattress)
- Add the baking soda and essential oils to a Mason jar. Shake to evenly distribute the oils.
- Use the sifter to distribute content on the mattress, let it sit for 30 min-1 hr and vacuum it.
This is a simple and awesome tip to get rid of dust mites. You can also clean your carpet, and upholstered furniture by using the same steps!
Get lavender essential oil here http://store.do-essential-oils.com/lavender-essential-oil/
Get Eucalyptus essential oil here http://store.do-essential-oils.com/eucalyptus-essential-oil/
Get Wintergreen essential oil here http://store.do-essential-oils.com/wintergreen-essential-oil/
Get Peppermint essential oil here http://store.do-essential-oils.com/peppermint-essential-oil/